If you’ve met me at an event, you’ve seen that I’ve started offering the art on 4″ x 6″ aluminum sheets. The photo studio I use prints the image directly into the metal, creating a durable image (you can wipe them down with a cloth–just keep them out of direct sunlight like any other print!)–or, like the larger metal images, an almost 3D effect (see more below). I’m now offering these for sale on the website, for those who are interested!
This inventory is limited–the only reason I can offer these gorgeous items for $20 is because the photo studio I use gives a great bulk discount! This means I’m only going to replenish the stock after I sell a bunch, or if I get multiple requests for out-of-stock pieces. So here’s how this will work:
- If you want a piece that’s in stock, just select the In Stock option from the dropdown, and add the name and finish of the in-stock piece that you’re ordering. Then check out like normal (as a reminder, you can combine these with other items from the Official Store or Prints pages).
- If you want a piece that’s not in stock, and you don’t want to wait for me to reorder, select the Out of Stock option, and add the name and finish of the out-of-stock piece that you’re ordering –I’ll have the photo studio mail the piece directly to you.
- If you want a piece that’s not in stock, and are willing to wait for an unknown amount of time, use the Contact Me form to tell me the piece and finish you want, and the next time I place an order, I’ll be sure to include it. Note that if enough people who requested a piece don’t wind up buying it, I’ll start requiring a deposit–so only submit a request if you’re sure you really want it!
Make sense? If not, drop me a note and I’ll clarify! One more thing: there are 3 options for these prints:
- Sheer glossy: if you’ve been to the shows, this is the option that some say looks like a hologram when the light catches it. Only some pieces look good with this finish, but those that do look very good! For those who haven’t seen these in person: some of the metal is allowed to show through the image which, when combined with the glossy finish, provides a very dynamic piece–but only if it gets some direct light! If you’re going to be displaying this somewhere with indirect or dim light, you may want to consider one of the other options.
- Satin: this is just like a regular print, only on a thin aluminum sheet instead of paper or styrene board–it looks good in every kind of light!
- Glossy: same quality as satin, just in a high gloss
Here is the current in-stock inventory (I’ll do my best to keep it up-to-date!):